I love implementing responsive and mobile first design and architecture based on SMACSS and object oriented CSS using preprocessors and I have experience in maintaining large (S)CSS codebases and develop and implementing coding standards within a team.
Since creating my first websites in 1997 with HTML tables and CSS 1, the web has changed constantly. As key capacities in being a frontend developer, I consider the evolution of new technologies and curiosity about new ideas.
Following the development of web standards and browsers for many years I internalized concepts of accessibility, semantic web and CSS.
As a graduated photo engineer I have a deep understanding of digital imaging using Photoshop, Illustrator or scripted image manipulation. In my thesis about “Color Management in the Internet” in 2006, I analyzed W3C standard and evaluated different ways to implement professional multimedia workflows on server- and browser side.
In agile Scrum Teams I worked on large projects collaborating teamwork with designers, UX experts and front- and backend developers architecting and implementing responsive mobile first design. I implemented theming in Drupal, WordPress, Shopware, Gallery, Open CMS and countless others.
- Styleguides: KSS-node based styleguide prototyping
- Using frameworks and tools like HTML-Boilerplate, jQuery-UI, Bootstrap, Foundation,
- Introducing SMACSS and code linters like jshint or scss-lint within the team.
- Frontend workflows using Gulp, NPM, Bower, BrowserSync, KSS-Node and many more
- SVG and Fontcustom Icons
- Accessible documented performant, lightweight and maintainable CSS / SASS / LESS
- Coding standards and enforcement using Jslint / SCSS-Lint
- Large projects, scrum Team work
- Accessibility and content architecture
- Frontend Workflows with gulp
- Applying SMACSS principles
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Expertise in performance optimization using tools such as YSlow or PageSpeed
- Photoshop and server based imaging with Imagemagick
- Custom Themeing in Drupal, WordPress, Shopware, Gallery, Open CMS
- OOP using Codeigniter
- Basics using Symfony, CakePHP
- Deep understanding of PHP
- Understanding of OOP
- Firm grasp of SEO / SEM best practices