With more than 7 years of experience with Drupal 6, Drupal 7 and Drupal 8, I consider myself as a “Drupal Full Stack developer” with emphasis on frontend architecture and design.
I love structured and simple mobile-first frontend design using semantic HTML and minimalistic CSS. With Drupal 8 it's now getting real fun to implement responsive design with accessible markup and lean, maintainable and well structured SASS code using SMACSS and BEM.
Frontend architecture I implemented using modules like Display Suite, Panels Paragraphs and themes like Omega, Zen or Bootstrap, just to mention a few. In Drupal 8 I started my own theming project named Guru. It is featuring mobile first design and automated styleguide generation using KSS-Node and Gulp.
Drupalist by conviction: I love the idea of open source software and enjoy being part of the Drupal community. Sharing knowledge and contribute back by making sessions on Drupal camps, attending Drupalcon (since 2011) or committing patches at drupal.org is important for me.
Companies supporting the Drupal community are my favorite employer.
Teamwork is important to plan and develop large sites. I am happy to share knowledge within the team and developing design, architecture, workflows and migrations.
As a freelancer I want to be part of a team. I will speak out openly and integrate seamlessly into flat hierarchies.
I know how the web works. A deep understanding of protocols, web servers, databases, caching, Drupal and other content management systems enable me to consult in issues where performance matters.
Drupal 8 development I follow since alpha releases. It brings a lot improvement including native HTML5 support and web services. Making and deploying multilingual, truly mobile first sites has never been so easy.
Summing up in Keywords:
- Drupal development for Drupal 6, Drupal 7, Drupal 8
- Minimalistic and fast responsive theming, mobile-first theming
- BITV2, WAI Aria accessibility
- Styleguide driven frontend development (KSS-node)
- Frontend workflows, performance measuring
- Drupal migrate
- Views, Display Suite, Panels, Panels everywhere, Panopoly ...
- Caching, Varnish, high availability
- Configuration deployment
- Scrum Teamwork on large scale projects
- CSS team lead, SMACSS, SASS-Lint
- CSS, SASS, LESS, Compass, Gulp, Fontcustom, Node, Bower, Grunt
- Frontend frameworks, jQuery-UI, Bootstrap 2, Bootstrap 3, Foundation ...
- Theming: Omega, Zen
- Drupal 8 Theming
- Open Layers (Maps API)
- Module testing and evaluation.
- Webform, Entity form, Form API
- Styleguide driven Drupal 8 Theme project “Guru”